Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Social Media and Cultural Communication Conference 2008: preamble

Well, it's almost time for the Conference and Masterclasses to happen. All the overseas speakers have arrived safe and sound and ready for action. I have finally finished my paper and have uploaded it to my wiki. It's a bit rough around the edges but you'll catch my drift. Basically the argument is:

  • the principles of informal learning, constructivism and social media match very closely,
  • museum visitors use these tools,
  • visitors want to have more two-way interactions with museums, and
  • the physical and on-line experiences are very closely linked.

So, why then hasn't social media been taken up in greater numbers by museums??

I'll keep posting as the conference progresses, when I upload depends on whether there's wireless available so expect some time lags.

No comments: